Surgery of the Face & Skull
Surgery of the face and skull (craniofacial surgery) is a highly specialized branch of plastic surgery that focuses on the complex reconstruction of the jawbone, orbits (eye sockets), skull, and soft tissue of the face. A craniofacial surgeon also treats complex soft tissue problems such as hemangiomas, vascular malformations, facial tumors, Bell's palsy, and severe facial scarring.
Surgeons at the Atlantic Center have completed specialized fellowship training dedicated to restoring facial form and function using surgical techniques. The Atlantic Center of Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery is one of the world-class facilities for craniofacial surgery to treat conditions such as craniosynastosis, head and neck deformities, facial tumors, and more.
Craniofacial surgery treats the following conditions:
- Craniosynastosis including Crouzon syndrome, Pfeiffer syndrome, Apert syndrome, Muenke syndrome, and many others
- Jaw deformity requiring orthognathic surgery such as Goldenhar syndrome, Treacher Collins syndrome, craniofacial microsomia, long face syndrome, Beckwidth-Wiedemann syndrome, and others
- Microtia and all types of congenital ear deformities (prominent ears, cryptotia, cupped ears, Stahl's ear)
- Skull and orbit (eye socket) deformities including encephaloceles, craniofrontal orbital dysplasia, orbital hypertelorism
- Jaw deformities caused by cleft lip and palate and other complex Tessier facial clefts
- Anotia and microphthalmia
- Eyelid ptosis
- And many other conditions
Procedures performed at the Atlantic Center include:
- Open craniosynostosis repair
- Endoscopic craniosynostosis repair
- Skull distraction
- Orthognathic (jaw correction) procedures
- Mandibular and maxillary distraction
- Le Fort procedures
- Monoblock procedures
- Facial tumors including fibrous dysplasia
- Ear reconstruction for microtia
- Ear procedures including otoplasty and keloid scar removal
- Bollard plates, piriform plates, and non-osteotomy facial reconstruction
For more details about any of these conditions or procedures, please download our patient handouts by clicking the links above.
Craniofacial Surgeon in Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, and Boynton Beach, FL
Does your child have a facial or skull malformation? Turn to the craniomaxillofacial experts at the Atlantic Center of Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery. Request an appointment online or call one of our convenient locations in South Florida at (954) 983-1899 today. Our offices are located in Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines and Boynton Beach.